Whenever a new version of an operating system is launched, it comes with some of the cool features. Windows 10 is the current latest operating system that has many new features. One of the most loved features for those who usually love to surf websites to learn something is the new web browser called Microsoft Edge. It is the next generation of Internet Explorer web browser. In this post, we will explain what is Microsoft Edge web browser and how to use it?
As mentioned earlier, Microsoft Edge is a new web browser from Microsoft. It has some really new and exciting features. Some of the most noticeable and interesting features of then new Edge Browser are: Write on Web and Reading Mode.
Working with Microsoft Edge Browser
In the following section, we are going to explain how to use Microsoft Edge web browser:
- First, open the Microsoft Edge web browser. For this, click the Microsoft Edge icon on the task bar. Type a web address in the address bar that you want to visit and then press Enter.
- On the Microsoft Edge web browser console, click the Reading view icon in the top-right corner.
- The Reading View mode of the Edge browser converts the layout of a web page similar to an ebook page. It lets you feel the experience like you are reading a PDF or Microsoft Word document. You can feel the user experience by self.
- Another interesting feature of Microsoft Edge is Write on Web. This feature lets you write on the web pages that you are surfing. This is a pretty handy feature if you want to teach something to your learners or want to make notes for the surfing pages. It works almost similar to the MS Paint. So, you can mark, highlight, and symbolise the important things on the page to make visually more clear for your learners. To use this feature, click the Write on Web icon, as shown in the following figure.
- The following figure shows all the available options of the Write on Web feature. We recommend you to do some R&D to become familiar with the options available on the Edge Web Browser.
Hope, this post has given you the basic idea of Microsoft Edge and how to work with the next generation of the web browser. Do share the article.