Newbies bloggers do not want to spend too much money on their blog in the beginning. For them, BlueHost web hosting is the most preferred option. BlueHost is highly suitable and recommended Web Hosting option for the new bloggers. BlueHost provides cheap Web hosting services for WordPress bloggers.
It does not matter how much your blog get traffic and how much fast it loads to the end-users. There is always one more important things to consider that Security of your WordPress blog as well BlueHost account. If someone gets to access your BlueHost account, anything can happen from worse to worst with your blog. Hence, we highly recommend keeping your BlueHost account secure as much as your can. Here, is one extra security option for your BlueHost account holder “Enable Two-Factor Authentication for BlueHost account”.
With the Two-Factor authentication, first you need to type your username and password for your account, once the username and password are verified, a dynamic code needs to be supplied. To receive the dynamic code, either you can use a hardware device or you can use a virtual MFA device such as Google Authenticator for your mobile device. Just go to the App Store of your mobile platforms such as iPhone store or Android store and install the Google Authenticator.
Enable Two-factor Authentication for BlueHost
To enable Two-Factor Authentication for BlueHost account, you need to perform the following steps.
- Sign into your Bluehost account.
- Click the Accounts tab in the BlueHost console as shown in the following figure.
- Select the Passwords option in the submenu.
- Scroll down to the Two-Factor Authentication section in the bottom.
- Here, you will see a unique QR scan code, use the authenticator app to scan the QR code. Alternatively, you can manually enter the Secret Key to integrate your Bluehost account to your device.
- Type the 6-digit dynamic code shown in your authenticator app and click the Verify Token button to verify it. Now, the Two-Factor authentication for your BlueHost account has been enabled. Whenever you will try to log in your account, you will need to enter the dynamic code as will along with your username and password.
Disable Two-Factor Authentication For BlueHost Account
Keep enabled two-factor authentication for your any account is always recommended and a wise decision. However, if you no longer want to keep Two-Factor authentication enabled for any reason, you can disable it at any time. In order to disable Two-Factor Authentication for your BlueHost account, you need to perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Two-Factor Authentication section under your BlueHost account.
- Click Disable Two-Factor Authentication. (A validation token may be sent on your mail that you may need to enter.)
- Enter the dynamic authentication code shown in the app and click Disable Two-Factor Auth to disable this feature.
Thats all you need to enable and disable Two-Factor Auuthentication for your BlueHost account. If you get stuck anywhere, please let us know in the comment box, we will try to reply as soon as possible with best possible solution.