In order to perform CCNA and CCNP hands-on lab exercises, either you need the physical devices or a simulator. Since arranging physical devices, such as Cisco routers and switches is probably not possible for everyone. Fortunately, there are various simulators such as Cisco Packet Tracer and GNS3 that you can use to perform CCNA/CCNP and other hands-on lab exercises. In this post, you will get the direct links to download GNS3 IOS images for Cisco routers, ASA, switches, and even for Juniper routers.
One of the great features of GNS3 simulator is that it allows you to perform real-life hands-on lab exercises. However, you need to download IOS images for GNS3 before you can perform the hands-on lab exercises.
GNS3 IOS Images Downloading Links
We assume that you have already downloaded and installed the GNS3 simulator on your system. If you have not yet worked with GNS3, we would highly recommend you to visit the following links that will guide you how to download and use GNS3. Using GNS3 is not as difficult as people think.
Note: GNS3 IOS images are subject to copyright of the respective vendors. We assume you follow the legal license terms.
You can download GNS3 IOS images for the different devices such as router, switch, and PIX and various platforms such as 2900, 3700, and 7200. After doing a lot of research on the Internet, we have collected the various links to download GNS3 IOS images. Following are the list of some of the common GNS3 IOS images that are freely available to download. [Credit: srijit.com]
- Download C3725 IOS image for GNS3 link 1
- Download C3745 IOS image for GNS3
- Download 2600 IOS image for GNS3
- Download C1700 IOS image for GNS3
- Download c7200 IOS image for GNS3
Note: Some of the above-mentioned links may not work because it might be possible that their URLs are changed or the IOS images are removed from the hosting server.
Step By Step GNS3 Tutorials
If you are new to GNS3, don’t worry, we have posted a lot of step by step GNS3 tutorials for you. Take a quick look at the following step by step GNS3 tutorials and start to learn from the beginning to advance GNS3 configurations.
- Download the latest version of GNS3
- How to install GNS3 on Windows step by step
- How to use GNS3
- How to load IOS images in GNS3
- How to add Layer 2 switches in GNS3
- How to add Layer 3 switches in GNS3
- How to use VPCS in GNS3
- How to add virtual machines in GNS3
- How to connect GNS3 routers to Cloud and physical network
- How to add Cisco ASA in GNS3
- Download JunOS Olive Image for GNS3
- How to add Juniper router in GNS3
- How to configure Syslog server in GNS3
- How to configure BGP in GNS3
- How to configure IS-IS in GNS3
- Configuring Frame-Relay in GNS3
Optionally, you can also buy the complete CCNA Routing and Switching (exam 200-125) step by step lab manual guide from the Amazon Kindle Store for the self-study.
Hope, this post helped you to download GNS3 IOS images and to understand other step by step GNS3 tutorials. Please drop your queries in the comment box, if you face any issues. You may also provide your suggestions to improve the article. We would love to hear your valuable feedback too. Please like and share the article, it will not cost you anything.